Pages

Going to radio silence...

J hijacking 'our' blog to send out a quick thank you to those who have helped make this, the first of many journeys on the Goodbye George, possible...

Now, this is not some tearful Gwyneth at the Oscars type thing, although if you want to imagine me super scrawny in a designer frock, go for your life ;-)

The Family
The Howells did not expect their invite for us to stay while we were looking for our vessel to extend to quite so many months, but we really enjoyed being with you this summer and can't wait to return the favour as soon as possible. And that was after moving to France to do whatever was needed, when it was needed... Thanks for all the hospitality, advice, extra pairs of hands, laundry, the list goes on!

The Greens combined their work with dog sitting, continued their work by making sets of black out curtains, and dropped their work to deliver our van to Lagny at a moments notice, Skyped through every lunch break to keep my head together... Again, not an exhaustive list in any way!

Brother and sisters who are all there to give love and support to us both when we need it, as well as incredibly insightful advice whenever x

Beth - my voice of reason and very dear friend and Godmother x

The Medics
Those officially 'on my case' - Superstars one and all.
Others - Boylands et al - thanks for being there to Skype me down from my ledge etc, one day I will write that thesis on brain tumours, just to impress you!

The Friends
What a support network it was, during the messy, unwell months and beyond! I took down my get well cards just the other day, but I reread them all and I'm so grateful to have you all in my life. What a very lucky girl I am!
And then, only great friends would offer to receive all our mail, scan every page for email - and then keep doing it for 6 months when the offer was only for 3!!! Stares family, we salute you x

A - words escape me; my rock, my best friend, my love...

And so, with this message, we are going to radio silence, until the Goodbye George heads out on the next journey.

Over, but definitely not out!



No comments:

Post a Comment